Premiere Annoyances!

Home Forums (Not Published) Premiere Pro Premiere Annoyances!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chiz

I wouldn’t subscribe to Premiere at £20 a month if I didn’t like it – but there sure are a few things that have me going: Why is it like that?

You go to drag and drop a clip. It won’t allow you to – or it’s trying to have you import just the clip audio and leave picture behind. To say: ‘All you have to do is make sure your video track is highlighted’ is not the answer. You shouldn’t have to highlight any track to drag to it – that’s nonsense. What’s the damn point in bringing up a no entry symbol when performing the most basic task in editing – dragging a shot to the timeline. Fine – do that if I’m not concentrating and make the mistake of trying to add footage to an audio track – but stop me from adding footage to a footage track? You can’t be serious.

Then there’s the bug that is going: File / Import / Select File. Why does that crash the editor? Nothing to fix that in the very regular updates from Creative Cloud?

A simple dissolve. It sometimes won’t allow you to apply to two clips butted together – only one. Yes, I know the answer is you’re supposed to have enough hidden frames to allow for the dissolve on both clips – but again, that’s nonsense. I used to use Sony Vegas Pro and creating a dissolve was simplicity itself – grab the clip and drag it into the one beside it. A ‘cross’ is created and that’s your dissolve. No error message saying there’s not enough frames to complete the task. And a fade in Vegas Pro was also the easiest thing ever. Merely grab the top corner and drag the arc left to create. No going to the menu and searching: ‘Dip to black’. Simply applying a transition between two clips has Premiere bringing up an error. Some pointless message about duplicate frames. Didn’t have any of that with Sony Vegas.

And yet, are only ‘baby on the lawn’ video camera dads using Vegas Pro? It doesn’t seem to ever get a mention since only Premiere, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve and maybe Avid Media Composer claim the limelight. Perhaps Hit Film now in the mix too.

Sounds like a moan-fest, but it’s absolutely not. I will continue to use Premiere because I love Adobe – Photoshop and After Effects are GLORIOUS. As for Premiere now exporting in ProRes – awesome! I’m just not understanding the: ‘No, you’re not allowed to do that’ ridiculous stuff going on. ‘That’s just the way it is’ is not the answer. Don’t tell me I can’t drag footage to a footage track. That’s just stupid.

Surfaced Studio
      Keymaster

Hi Chiz,

I appreciate and understand your frustrations with Premiere Pro. It has a fair few rather frustrating issues and it’s something I’ve found with almost all new releases of the software.

I do not work for/with Adobe though so in order to have an impact, make a difference and get your voice heard by the right people, you are best submitting bug requests (or complaints) via the official Adobe website which you can find here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

All the best!
      Tobias

Chiz

Hi Tobias!

Thanks for your reply. I will certainly investigate the Wish Form – but I imagine Adobe are very aware of the main user gripes!

My post was more about putting it out there in a forum setting. It’s also just nice to be back at your forum – after my login issue!

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Chris / Chiz.

Surfaced Studio
      Keymaster

Hi Chris,

No worries. I think Adobe are quite aware of the issues with their software – just not always the fastest to react to all the feedback. I personally always wait for the X.1 or X.2 releases before I upgrade and I keep the previous version around just in case I don’t think the new version is good enough just yet :D

Cheers,
      Tobias

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.